May 27, 2008

My Homemade Baby Wipes

I've been wrecking my brains about how to avoid diaper rash for our son, especially at daycare where everything seems to be impossible for them to do. Yesterday I came across a site that showed how baby wipes can be made at home. Not only does it not contain harsh chemicals, but it will save a lot of money as well. These can also be made from old receiving blankets, cut into proportionate squares, which can be reused. The wipe recipes I found, didn't work for me. Baby shampoo, which has chemicals (ALL DO! even the 'natural' one's), will stay on your baby's skin all day long until bath time and that's not OK. To have some sort of disinfectant I used organic APPLE CIDER vinegar.





Here's my recipe:

2 cups of bottled water
1 1/2 tbsp of oil (olive oil based with chamomile and others - made myself)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/2 roll of paper towel



Cut a roll of paper towels in half. Bread knife works best. Remove the center cardboard tube. Combine the liquid ingredients and poor into a refill wipe container. Dip the paper towel roll in and squeeze it and resoak it until all is moistened. Pull wipes out from the center of roll.

No comments: