I am so delighted with these goodies! We ate them with sour cream. The ideal dipping sauce would be a ginger soy sauce or even a sweet and spicy jelly. I can't say enough about how great these turned out!
3 cups flour
1 cup hot boiling water (or little more or less if needed)
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup scallion, sliced thinly
vegetable oil for brushing and cooking
1. Combine flour and salt in a food processor. Add the oil and the boiling water to the flour. Mix thoroughly to form a dough then knead by hand for 5 minutes. Let rest for 20 minutes.
2. Form the dough into a log and cut into 14-18 pieces. Roll each piece into a round disk.
3. Brush disk with oil, sprinkle with scallions and roll it up like a cigar. Pinch pinch the ends closed.
5. Flatten the snail like dough with the heel of your hand into a disk and roll it into a flat pancake.
6. Heat a non stick skillet over medium heat and fry in vegetable oil.