- 2 cups, frozen vegetable mix, peas, carrots, corn - steamed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cups cubed boiled chicken
- 1 package puff pastry
1. In a saute pan heat 1 tablespoon of butter and sweat the onion and celery.
2. In another saucepan, heat the broth and milk.
3. Add 2 more tablespoons of butter to the celery mix and cook out the water. Add the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk mixture and cook until thickened. Add the salt and pepper.
4. Toss the steamed vegetables and the chicken. Pour into a oven safe dish and top with one puff pastry sheet. Cut two slits and fold corners over if they are hanging out.
5. Place into the oven and cook until puff pastry has browned and the mixture is hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.