8 oz ricotta cheese, well drained
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese plus extra for sprinkling
1/4 cups parsley
2 garlic cloves, mashed through the garlic press
pinch of salt & pepper
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1. Combine all ingredients then add flour last. Work ingredients together with your hands to form a dough.
2. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured working surface and knead lightly for 2 to 3 more minutes, gradually adding a little more flour if the dough sticks to the board or your hands. The dough is ready when it no longer sticks but is still somewhat tacky to the touch and soft.
4. Divide the dough into four pieces and roll into balls. Using both hands, roll out each ball of dough into a log about the width of your index finger. Cut each log into 1/2 inch pieces.
5. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a teaspoon of olive oil oil and the gnocchi.
6. Cook, uncovered over high heat until the gnocchi rise to the surface of the water, about 2 to 3 minutes.I tossed mine in a olive oil, sauteed garlic and chopped tomato sauce and sprinkled with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and fresh Italian parsley. Che fantastica mangiata!